In the Introduction, we looked at the verses that say Jesus healed them all or everyone who touched Him was healed and His disciples also healed them all.
Other verses tell us that Jesus, on the Cross, bore our sicknesses and carried our pains, to remove them from us and 'by His stripes we have been healed'. We know that Jesus has purchased full healing for everyone as much as He has provided forgiveness for every sin. Who forgives every one of your iniquities, who heals each and all of your diseases; who redeems your life from the pit. Psalm 103:3
So why don’t we see more healings? There must be something we don’t know. My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge Hosea 4:6
Things we need to know for healing:
- We exist in two realms of existence, the spiritual realm, and the physical realm. This is difficult to understand (see Nicodemus in John 3) but necessary when discussing healing.
- For this challenge we will be looking at healing in the spiritual realm. It is estimated that 80% of disease has a spiritual root and is the result of separation on three levels 1:
- But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.
- He who gets wisdom loves his own soul; He who keeps understanding will find good.
- For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord doesthe church.
- Healing begins with reconciliation with God (His person, His love and His Word), with yourself and with others. The LOVE challenge that we just completed dealt with this separation. If you missed it or would like a review the videos and text are available on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEZPntO7B4euMoHQa7hkhe7Gsu3leOgEc
- It is estimated that 80% is related to separation, but that implies that 20 % is not. Remember that healing brings God glory. Separation may not be involved. We need to examine ourselves and not apply this to others, or we will be like Job’s friends who were completely wrong about Job’s suffering.
- John 11:4 This illness does not lead to death — the point of this illness is not death. It is for the glory of God, so that the Son of God may be glorified through it.
- John 9:3-4 This man was born blind not because he sinned or his parents sinned, but so that the works of God might be manifest
- Wright, Henry W. (2019-10-14T23:58:59.000). Exposing the Spiritual Roots of Disease. Whitaker House.